Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

This past weekend we spent time with both sides of our wonderful family. On Saturday we had a BBQ over at my grandparents house. It was yummy food and as always good to spend time together. Makenze gave her grandma (my mom) and her great-grandma (my grandma) each a clay pot that she so beautifully painted for them. Just special for Mothers day! They both loved her artistic abilities! How could you not? Makenze and I had a fun time painting those pots, I really gotta stop be lazy about things sometimes and do more crafts with her. She gets so excited!
Then on Sunday we picked Shane's oldest sister, Shelly, up from the airport, on our way out to Mom Wagaskys house. It was great to see his sister and have her home for a few days. She lives in Chicago so we only see her once or twice a year. Then another great part about Mothers day was that Jason, Shane's brother who is in the Army, is now home for leave from stinky Iraq! He has been gone since last August and will be here for two weeks. Jason is Danielle husband and Libby and Keagan are thier two cute red-heads. They are living with Mom Wagasky until they save up money for a house of thier own. We know Mom Wagasky doesn't mind thier company either. So a yummy feast was prepared and we had a nice, happy, Morthers day dinner! Family is so great to have!
I hope everyone had a great weekend celebrating all the wonderful Mothers in our lives!

P.S. I must say thank you to Shane for starting to paint in our sons room (my wish for mothers day) and also the Mothers day breakfast. He made Makenze and I bannana pancakes. They were delicious honey! And also a thank you to Makenze for being such a great and reverent little girl in church! Some Sundays go better then others. Great job bug!

Photobucket
Baking for Mothers day!
Mixing Makenze



Shane painting our sons room!
Let the painting begin...for our little boy!
The BIG sister!
Yea I'm gonna be a big sister!

1 comment:

Blissful & Domestic said...

Well I am so glad we were able to do a family dinner for Mother's day it was so much fun and I am happy that the room was paint. baby boy will love it!