Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fathers Day Hooray!

A day to honor and just remember our dad's in a special way is always fun. So we spent this years fathers day just enjoying having Shane home with us. He is the hardest working man I have ever known. Just knowing that he works as much and as hard as he does for me and our babies just amazes me. Makenze loves her daddy so much and the special bond that they share just breaks my heart everytime I see them together. They play their own little games and Makenze definitely saves a special place in her heart for her daddy. Let me tell you she is always reminding me and anyone else who may wonder...thats "my daddy!" I love it!!! After relaxing away the day we had my family over for a fathers day dinner, which I prepared and I am pretty sure everyone enjoyed. We exchanged a few little gifts and cards and enjoyed time togther. I must say that I was excited to give my dad his fathers day mouse pad. He is always on the computer and I know how much he would cherrish a personalized, especially made just for him, kind of a gift. It brought a big smile to his face and I knew I scored some points. HAHA! (sidenote:now my mom wants a mouse pad with pictures on it for her computer at work....we will see mom. hehe.) For dessert we ate a delicious german chocolate cake which we ended up putting candles on so we could sing happy birthday to Shane. His birthday was yesterday, the 24th, but as I am sure you can guess, he is away working a paving job in California. So it was a happy fathers day for sure. To end the evening though, we could not forget to remember Shane's amazing dad, Damian. So along with Mom Wagasky we took a trip up to Veterans memorial and placed some blue flowers and red roses on his grave. He was a great man, loving father, and awesome Grandpa that is always missed!!!!
We hope that everyone had a great fathers day!!! Everything and everyone special is all thanks to our wonderful Father, our Father in Heaven that is.

No comments: